Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Heart Letting Go

It's only been eight months,
but it seems as though it's been years.
In the past week I have begged for God
to take away my pain and relentless tears.

Tears are now coming in small doses
much to my chagrin.
Suddenly I can feel my heart starting to
heal from deep within.

I realize it is going to take some time
to forget all that we went through and shared.
But if he really loved me, he would've salvaged this to show how much he cared.

But he let me go
almost too easily I now see.
I am letting my heart let him go
and focus my thoughts on me.

My mind is easing me away
from thoughts of him with GOD.
In time I will be over him
of this I am sure.

My heart seems to be lighter
with each day that passes by.
The sadness isn't weighing on me as much
my heart is saying goodbye.

Each morning I awake
I realize it's a brand new day.
I can feel myself changing
in so many different ways.

I am laughing again
letting the sun shine on through.
I am moving on with my life
given up the obsession and consumption of you.

Some songs are still hard
to hear so I change the dial.
In time I will be able to look back at us
and remember the happy times and smile.

A heart letting go
of what I believed was true.
I have given up the idea of growing old with you.
It's a mission can't be achieved without you..anymore.

Letting go of the denial
that has been tatooed inside the depths of my heart.
Ready to explore a new chapter a brand new start.

A heart letting go
indeed the time has arrived.
Leaning on my newfound strength
being able to say such pain, I have survived!

by Whitney Brooke Silver


*This poem really speak out my thoughts...my feeling..*
p/s : i did some amendment on this poem.

No comments: